Daisy Olaojo Blog

At Daisy Olaojo’s blog, its all about gossip and more gossip!

Gossip, News, Entertainment, Beauty, Lifestyle, Inspiration, Fashion, Events, and lots more…

You’re a disgrace! – LGBT activist Bisi Alimi tells Singer Simi

Nigeria is a very traditional society that has deeply rooted beliefs that they find very hard to shake off. One of them is their stance on homophobia.

While the world is evolving and some Nigerians are quite accommodating about the idea of being gay, the majority are not and it leads to a clash of opinions on social media.

Just recently, Nigerian LGBT activist, Bisi Alimi, took to social media to slam popular singer, Simi, over her view on black hate.

To that, Alimi responded that Simi is a hypocrite for sympathising with abroad blackness while ‘promoting local homophobic violence against their own’.

See his tweets below:

Apparently, Simi who hosts a Youtube show called Stoopid Sessions had hinted at being homophobic after saying that“it just doesn’t seem natural to me.”

She also said:“They say they’re born that way, but I haven’t seen any biological proof.”

See more reactions to her tweets below:

Bobrisky made this statement after a guy called Bryan Nwakoro said he would grab crowns and create a new path. According to Bryan’s

 Instagram bio, he is a drag personality and a fashion influencer. Just like  Bobrisky 

, Bryan dresses like a female and fashionably too. A popular blog on Instagram shared the story of Bryan a few days ago and Bobrisky has just had the time to give a response to it.

Pastor Flogs 40-Year-Old Lady 40 Strokes Of Cane In Other To Help Get A Husband

Pastor Flogs 40-Year-Old Lady 40 Strokes Of Cane In Other To Help Get A  Husband . She said she did a lot of unimaginable things including getting flogged about 48 times by a self-acclaimed man of God just to get a husband.

She narrated;“Trouble started when I turned down a marriage offer from a suitor who hailed from Enugu State.

A few months later, I found myself in an unbridled anger and querulous manners.I started beating up men whoever ask my hand in marriage. Any man who comes near me I will beat him up”. In tears, she added:

“My life is full of testimonies, I rejected an offer of marriage from a suitor who hailed from Enugu State, and after few months, my trouble started, I was taken to several churches including one of the Pentecostal churches around Ezenei Avenue where I was flogged 48 strokes of the cane by the pastor.

“And after I slept for twenty minutes, I took on the pastor, beat him up silly and forced him to eat from the sand”.

“My parents during the process thought I did not want to marry.They organized a man who came from London to marry me, and when we got there I beat him up after a minor quarrel, and I was arrested and deported to Nigeria , I later realized I was not myself when I came into Nigeria before I was introduced to King’s Chapel.”

The  woman denied that her problem stemmed from alcohol and/or Indian hemp and said that it was after she started attending King’s Chapel in Asaba, that she was delivered by the prophet in charge.

She added that since her deliverance, she has had over 120 suitors asking for her hand in marriage and that all the suitors are currently being screened by God.

English Premier League to restart by June

The 2019/2020 Premier League season in England will restart on June 17, according to a media report on Thursday.

However, a spokesman for the Premier League declined to comment as the meeting of 20 club officials was ongoing.

The season will get underway on the Wednesday date with Aston Villa versus Sheffield United and Manchester City versus Arsenal, which are both games in hand.

A full fixture list would then be played on the weekend of June 19 to June 21, the report said.

All games will be behind closed doors.

The Premier League was suspended on March 13 due to the coronavirus pandemic, but teams returned to small group training last week.

On Wednesday, clubs agreed to move to Phase Two of the comeback with players working in larger groups and closer to each other.

The next step would be full contact training and preparation for the return to action.

Liverpool, searching for their first league title in 30 years, lead the standings by 25 points.

Akeredolu gives N47.6m car loan to primary school teachers

Gov. Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State, on Thursday, gave out N47.6 million as car loans to primary school teachers in the state.

While presenting the cheques to the teachers in Akure at the Government House, Akeredolu explained that the same opportunity would be extended to other teachers as soon as the state became buoyant.

The governor, who said that arrangement had been concluded to employ more teachers in the state, urged them to guard against every form of abuse and corrupt practices.

Responding, one of the beneficiaries, Mr. Willie Famuwagun, thanked the governor for the gesture, which he described as a rare privilege and a demonstration of the value placed on teachers in the state.

Earlier, while appreciating the governor, Mr. Sunday Adeleye, state Chairman, Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), said that the gesture was the first of its kind since the creation of the state in 1976.

Also speaking, Mr. Victor Amoko, Chairman, Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT) in the state, gave kudos to the governor.

Hr urged the beneficiaries to maximize the money for better economic advantage and educational advancement.

 

 

PM NEWS

Lagos BRT operator announces hike in fares

Primero Transport Services Ltd., operator of the Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) says it has secured approval to increase its fares across all routes with effect from Friday to keep serving the people.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) had earlier reported that the BRT operator had withdrawn its services since Monday over losses occasioned by COVID-19 new transport guidelines that mandated it to commute only 20 passengers per trip instead of 70.

Earlier on Thursday morning, Mr Fola Tinubu, the BRT Managing Director said that the management would resolve all issues with the government in the afternoon and restore services on Friday.

Giving update of the meeting, Tinubu said: “We are going to increase our pricing effective from tomorrow Friday May 29. We agreed on this after our talk with the Lagos State Government.

“Everywhere commuters are paying N200 for a trip, it is going to be N300 and everywhere commuters are paying N300 per trip, it is going to be N500.

“We are increasing our fares. We have secured permission of the regulator (Lagos State Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA).

According to him, the firm understood the plight of the people and the economic situation, but that the step became imperative to keep serving the commuters diligently and to provide a world class service for them.

“We are doing this not to punish anybody or to victimise anybody but because the circumstances we found ourselves forced us to do it.

“We need to make sure the company is on a sound financial footing, and if we don’t do this, the buses will not be available in the long run and there will be no way for us to fix buses and bring new buses.

“The business must be on a solid financial footing. Without this, the company cannot survive, and if the company does not survive, it will even cost commuters more in the long run.

“We understand that this is going to put some hardship on people but if we don’t do this and the company goes under, it will even cost the people more,” Tinubu said.

He said that the number of passengers on the buses would also be increased to 42 with no passenger standing on buses as against 20 earlier approved by the government to curb spread of COVID-19.

The managing director expressed regret for the inconvenience and distress the withdrawal of services had caused the teeming commuters in Lagos since Monday.

He said that the firm would be back in full operations and would put 320 buses out to make sure people got to destinations in time and safely.

According to him, the firm would ensure that going forward, the wait time and queues at bus stations was reduced.

Oyo confirms two COVID-19 cases

The COVID-19 Task Force in Oyo State has announced two positive cases in the state. This brings the total number of confirmed cases in the state to 252.

Governor Seyi Makinde, who heads the state COVID-19 task force gave the indication via his verified Twitter handle, on Thursday.

According to him, one of the suspected cases is from iSON Xperiences in Ibadan South West Local Government Council Area of the state.

The governor wrote, “The COVID-19 confirmation tests for two suspected cases came back positive. One case is from iSON Xperiences and the other case is from Ido Local Government Area. So, the total number of confirmed cases in Oyo State is 252.

“Please call the Emergency Operations Centre if you have any COVID-19 symptoms such as cough, fever, tiredness, body ache, and shortness of breath.”

Lagos discharges 87 COVID-19 patients

Eighty-seven patients undergoing treatment for coronavirus at isolation centres in Lagos State have been discharged.

The Lagos State Ministry of Health made this known in a series of tweets on Wednesday.

It said the patients were discharged after testing negative twice for the virus.

Those discharged comprised 40 females and 47 males.

The LSMOH said, “87 #COVID-19 Lagos patients: 40 females and 47 males – all Nigerians have been discharged from our Isolation facilities to reunite with the society

“The patients; 26 from Mainland Infectious Disease Hospital, Yaba, 24 from Onikan, 12 from Eti-Osa (LandMark),11 from Agidingbi, nine from Gbagada and five LUTH Isolation Centres were discharged having fully recovered and tested negative to COVID-19.”

Meanwhile, five patients have died of coronavirus-related complications in Lagos, bringing the total number of COVID-19 deaths in the state to 47.

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control made this known via its Situation Report 88 published on Wednesday.

According to the report, seven other states recorded 11 COVID-19 deaths in the last 24 hours.

Part of the report read, “276 confirmed cases were reported in the last 24 hours in 15 states – Lagos (161), Rivers (36), Edo(27), Kaduna (19), Nasarawa (10), Oyo (six), Kano (four), Delta (three), Ebonyi (three), Gombe (two), Abia (one), Bauchi (one), Borno (one), Ogun (one) and Ondo (one).

Source: NCDC

 

“No new state recorded a confirmed COVID-19 case in the last 24 hours.

“The total number of states including FCT that have reported at least one confirmed case in Nigeria is still 35 (34 states + FCT).

“74 cases were discharged in the last 24 hours in five (5) states – Bauchi (38), Plateau (16), Kaduna (12), Ogun (6) and Anambra (two).

“16 deaths were recorded in the last 24 hours in eight states – Lagos (five), Bauchi (two), Edo (two), Oyo (two), Rivers (two), Anambra (one), Kaduna (one) and Ondo (one).

Data obtained from the report showed that Nigeria has recorded a total of 249 COVID-19 fatalities, 8,344 confirmed cases.

 

 

 

 

 

PUNCH

Serie A resumes June 20

Italy’s Serie A can resume on June 20 after a three-month absence in a country hit hard by the coronavirus pandemic, sports Minister Vincenzo Spadafora said on Thursday.

“The Technical and Scientific Committee gave its agreement on the protocol and the federation assured me that it had a plan B and a plan C,” Spadafora said after a meeting with Italian football chiefs.

“In the light of these considerations, the championship can resume on June 20.”

No top-flight matches have been played since Sassuolo beat Brescia 3-0 on March 9, before the championship was suspended by a pandemic which has killed over 33,000 people in Italy.

AFP

Gov Abiodun relaxes COVID-19 lockdown in Ogun

Ogun Sate Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, on Thursday, relaxed the lockdown imposed on the state to flatten the curve of the coronavirus pandemic.

Governor Abiodun, who stated this while addressing newsmen on the efforts of government to fight the spread of the deadly virus said the state residents can now move around from June 1.

However, Abiodun said residents are not allowed to go out on Saturdays and Sundays, saying lockdown must be observed weekends.

At the press briefing, Abiodun disclosed that Ogun residents would be allowed to move around from morning till evening, unlike before when they were only allowed to be outside between 7am and 5pm.

He, however, reminded the people that the presidential curfew from 8pm to 6am is still in place.

In his words, Abiodun stressed that the relaxation of the lockdown does not mean the pandemic is over, adding that all COVID-19 guidelines must be obeyed.

According to him, the ban on interstate travel, the use of face masks and the observance of social distancing must not be violated by any person.

On the reopening of worship centres, Abiodun hinted that the guidelines will be finalised in the next one week as that will be done alongside religious leaders.

 

 

 

 

DAILYPOST

Top Ten Gist This Wednesday

Good Evening; Here is a summary of all the top gist today;

1. The Federal Government on Wednesday denounced reports that it said it would re-open schools across the nation on June 8……readmore

2. The Lagos State Government on Wednesday announced the discharge of 87 Coronavirus patients who recovered from the pandemic…..readmore

3. An Igbosere Magistrates’ Court in Lagos ordered that a 22-year-old woman, Oluwafunmilola Adisa, be remanded in the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) psychiatric department for evaluation…….readmore

4. The Federal Government says it is thinking of sectionalising classes for primary, secondary, and tertiary institutions in the country ahead of school reopening amid the coronavirus pandemic…..readmore

5. The United Nations Children Emergency Fund (UNICEF) has appointed award-winning Nigerian musician, producer and songwriter, Cobhams Asuquo, as its National Ambassador……readmore

6. The numerous cases of ‘what I ordered versus what I received’ remains a thing of surprise and hilarity for many social media users. Just like many others before, this story is no different will leave you speechless……readmore

7. Femi Otedola responded to a follower on Instagram who left a comment to tell him he’s interested in his daughter, Temi Otedola……readmore

8. A lady on social media is getting blasted after she claimed men can’t last 2 minutes with her in bed……readmore

9. Madonna, 61, just freed the nipple wearing a see-through bra in a new Instagram…..readmore

10. The Premier League took a major step toward restarting matches on Wednesday, after all 20 clubs agreed to resume contact training……readmore